What is it about?
In the framework of the European Commission’s project Erasmus+ Virtual Exchange, the third Online Euro-Med Debate Competition once again brings together Debate Teams from diverse backgrounds and students from higher education institutions to meet online and debate topics of their choice with the support of a resource network of Debate Team Leaders, Trainers and Adjudicators.
The competition’s dialectical debates will be framed around the current regional and international events such as: the pandemic and post-pandemic issues, online learning, regional security, climate change, human rights, democracy and more.
Why get involved?
Participants practice their dialogue and debate skills, such as active listening and rebutting, finding and formulating arguments, planning, structuring and presenting speeches, broaden their intercultural awareness and improve their English skills.
All Team Leaders and Debaters will be awarded an Erasmus+ Virtual Exchange Online Badge, certifying the skills that they acquire by participating in the competition debates.
The third Online Euro-Med Debate Competition is open to Debate Team Leaders from the Euro-Mediterranean region and their local Debate Teams.
To participate with your local Debate Team you should meet the following criteria:
● Aged between 18-30 years old and national or resident in one of the eligible countries of the project
● Proven experience as a debater, debate team leader or debate trainer
● Interest in contemporary Euro-Mediterranean issues
● Good English speaking skills
● Ability to train and lead a local debate team
*In case you have already participated previously in the activity as Debater or Team Leader:
● Ability to train and engage a new team in the August 2020 Competition
The weekends August 22nd to 23rd and August 29th to 30th 2020.
How to get involved?:
In case you did NOT participate previously in an Erasmus+ Virtual Exchange Debate Team Leader Training:
1. Please register by July 26th 2020 for the Debate Team Leader Training and choose “English” and the “Competition” track. Select one of the available training sessions.
2. After completing your Debate Team Leader Training, you will be expected to train your Debate Team of 6 Debaters.
3. You will be contacted to register your Debate Team members for the Online Euro-Med Debate Competition by August 14th 2020.
In case you already are a trained Erasmus+ Virtual Exchange Debate Team Leader:
1. Please express your interest in participating in the Online Euro-Med Debate Competition with your Debate Team by July 26th 2020 at 23:59 CEST.
2. In case you haven’t put your Debate Team together yet: Ensure your local training and the registration of your Debate Team for the Online Euro-Med Debate Competition before August 12th 2020.
If you already have an account on the Exchange Portal and cannot log in/register for the Debate Team Leader Training, or if you have further questions about the project, please contact: email@example.com.
The Online Euro-Med Debate Competition is organised by the Anna Lindh Foundation, member of the Erasmus+ Virtual Exchange consortium, composed by: Search for Common Ground, UNIMED, Sharing Perspectives Foundation, Soliya, UNICollaboration, Kiron Open Higher Education, and Migration Matters.
Erasmus+ Virtual Exchange is part of the Erasmus+ programme, providing an accessible, ground-breaking way for young people to engage in intercultural learning. Working with Youth Organisations and Universities, the project is open to any young person aged 18-30 national or resident in Europe and the Southern Mediterranean.